Today we had Exeter Chief players Sean Lonsdale and Billy Keast back in for some maintenance treatment. Whilst using the NovoThor light pod, it was discovered that they in fact worthy of lifting Thor\’s hammer!
- NovoTHOR® is a cutting edge light therapy bed which uses red and near-infrared light to treat your entire body – stimulating healing by kick starting natural cellular processes.
- It is the only red light therapy system with FDA, CE, TGA, Health Canada and NATO clearance for proven beneficial effects and regulated as a class 2 medical device. It is also listed on GSA, eCAT in the United States for government purchases.
- In this treatment red and near infra-red light reduces oxidative stress and increases Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) within our mitochondria. This improves cell metabolism and reduces inflammation, resulting in pain relief and a faster recovery!
- The cells in our bodies react to light in different ways depending on the strength and wavelength.
- For instance in neonatal jaundice blue light is used for treatment, for Psoriasis UV light is used for treatment, everyday sunlight synthesises vitamin D and also changes our skin color!
- It is a highly effective non-invasive treatment with no known side effects. It is also used by professional athletes to improve performance and reduce the incidence of injuries.
- This is the only system in a private practice within the South West.
- This is not a tanning bed and is not infrared treatment. NovoThor is a regulated medical device, not to be confused with beauty treatments